Dr. Md. Zahid Hossain is now working as a professor and Head in the Mechanical and Chemical Engineering Department of Islamic University of Technology (IUT). Prof. Zahid is also serving IUT as Head, Office of Planning and Development. His fields of research are Linear and Nonlinear Vibration, Rotor Dynamics, Chaos, Sound, mechanics, etc.
PhD(Mie University, Japan), M Engg (Mie University, Japan), B Sc Engg (BUET, Bangladesh).
Experience PortfolioWorking as a Head, MCE Department from July, 2017
Working as a Head, Planning & Development Office from October, 2016 as an additional duty.
Working as a Head, Accreditation and Quality Assurance Office.
Worked as an Professor in the Department of MCE since June, 2014
Worked as an Associate Professor in the Department of MCE from June, 2010 to May 2014.
Worked as an Assistant Professor in the Department of MCE from November, 2006 to May 2010
Worked as a Lecturer in Toyohashi University of Technology (TIT) from July, 2004 to Nov, 2006
Worked in Nagoya University, Japan for two years (from July 2002 to June, 2004) as a Postdoc Fellow.
Areas of Expertise
- Linear and Nonlinear Vibration: Piece wise linear vibration on torsional system. Method of analysis has been done by Simulation and experimentation
- Chaos: Chaos has been investigated for the torsional systems through phase plane, poincare map etc.
- Rotor Dynamics : Suppression of rubbing in the rotary machinery
- Designing of machinery on the basis of vibration: Excavator bucket and arm, cricket bat designing and analyzing
- Noise attenuation through Helmholtz resonator of a duct.
Awards & CommendationsMonbusho (Japanese Government Scholarship) for Masters and PhD programs. Japan Society of Professional Science Scholarship (Japanese Government Scholarship) for 2 years
Post Doctoral research program.
Professional AssociationsFellow of Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh