Dr. Bhuiyan obtained his PhD in
the area of Energy efficient Thermo-fluid modeling from Swinburne University of
Technology (Australia). Currently, he is an Assistant Professor in Mechanical
Engineering at the Faculty of Engineering and Technology, IUT. He has published
several research articles in journals, conferences and also edited several
book chapters. His major research
interests include Fuel Processing technology, Combustion modeling, energy,
thermodynamics and process industries; renewable and clean energy (solar,
biomass, bio-fuel, wind, etc); energy, water and environmental sustainability
and development. His current h-index is 15 with over 600+ citations. He worked
as Editorial member in several International Conference Proceeding and also the reviewer of several top rated journals
having ISI Indexing.
PhD (Swinburne University of Technology, Australia), M. Sc Engg (IUT, OIC), B. Sc Engg (IUT, OIC).
Experience Portfolio2018-Till to Date: Assistant Professor, Dept of Mechanical Engineering, IUT2010- 2017: Lecturer, Dept of Mechanical Engineering, IUT
Areas of Expertise
- Applied Thermal Engineering
- Industrial Fluid mechanics & processes
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Combustion & CO2 capturing systems (CCS)
- Renewable/sustainable energy technologies
- Energy efficient technology development
Teaching CoursesMCE 4311 - Fluid Mechanics (BSc ME 2nd Year) MCE 4413 - Heat Transfer: Conduction and Radiation (BSc ME 2nd Year) MCE 6145 - Convective Heat Transfer (M Sc ME) MCE 6351 - (Advanced Heat Transfer and CFD (M Sc ME) MCE 6293 - Heat Transfer Equipment Design ( MSc TE)
[• Publication Year : 2008-2019
• Citation Year : 11 (2008-2019)
• Papers : 59
• Citations : 706
• Citations/year : 64.18
• Citations/paper : 12.17
• Authors/paper : 3.21
• h-index : 15
• g-index ]
1. Experimental Investigation on Thermal Treatment of Local and Marine Based Micro-algae for Production of Biodiesel. Main Supervisor (Masters Thesis).
2. Parametric analysis of thermal performance of Earth-to-Air- Tunnel-Heat Exchanger. Main Supervisor (Masters Thesis).
3. Numerical Investigation of Mass Injection Approach for Mitigation Erosion of Propeller from Cavitation. Main Supervisor (Bachelor Project).
4. Design of a Net Zero Energy Building in Bangladesh using Building Energy Optimization Simulation Tool. Main Supervisor (Bachelor Project).
5. Effect of holes placed on the perforated finned heat exchanger at different angles on the Nusselt and Reynolds numbers. Main Supervisor (Bachelor Project).
6. Study of thermal–hydraulic performance of fin-and-oval tube compact heat exchangers with corrugated fin patterns.
Main Supervisor (Bachelor Project).
7. 3D numerical investigation of flow and heat transfer characteristics in smooth wavy fin and elliptical tube heat exchangers using ARW vortex generator. Main Supervisor (Bachelor Project).
8. Potential of Renewable energy in Afghanistan- A detailed case study. Main Supervisor (Bachelor Project).
9. Enhancement of Heat Transfer by Using Nanofluids - A review. Main Supervisor (Bachelor Project).
10. Enhancement of thermal and hydraulic performance of compact finned-tube heat exchanger using VGs: A parametric study. Main Supervisor (Bachelor Project).
Refereed Journal Articles
Show more ...
Refereed Papers in Conference Proceedings
Show more ...
Awards & CommendationsMay-2016 Outstanding Research Paper(OPA) Award by United Group (UG), Bangladesh2012-2016 SUPRA Scholarship for PhD at Swinburne University of Technology, Australia.
Professional AssociationsMember-Australasian Fluid Mechanics Society (AFMS)Member-Institution of Engineers (IEB)Member-Bangladesh Society of Mechanical Engineers (BSME)Reviewer-International Journal of Energy ResearchReviewer-Iranian Journal of Chemistry and Chemical EngineeringReviewer-International Journal of Mining Science and Technology, ElsevierReviewer-International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow (HFF), Elsevier.Reviewer-International Journal of Applied Energy (APEN), Elsevier.Reviewer-International Journal of Applied Thermal Engineering (ATE), Elsevier.Reviewer-International Journal of Heat and Mass transfer (HMT), Elsevier.Reviewer-International Journal of Computational Design and Engineering (CDE), Elsevier. Reviewer-International Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology (JMST), Springer. Reviewer-International Journal of Renewable Energy Research (IJRER). Reviewer-Fluids, Multi-Disciplinary Publishing Institute (MDPI).Reviewer-5th BSME International Conference on Thermal Engineering (ICTE),Reviewer-6th BSME International Conference on Thermal Engineering (ICTE),Reviewer-7th BSME International Conference on Thermal Engineering (ICTE)Reviewer-8th BSME International Conference on Thermal Engineering (ICTE)Editorial member-13th Asian Congress of Fluid Mechanics (ACFM), 2010.